Don’t let school holidays stop your fitness routine- bring the kids along to join into class. Bookings essential, limited to two children for free, aged 8-18 only. See our extensive timetable to find your perfect holiday Classes. http://avenuesphysiofitness.co.nz/classes/timetables/
Great news! ACC is now supporting our wonderful post-operative clients even further with their recovery by providing subsidy for our awesome group classes. What a great way to regain your full function this supportive, small group environment. These classes need to be essential for you to regain your full fitness and achieve your goals following your ACC surgery. Please talk further with your physiotherapist regarding this. We are so excited about this we have created a special post-operative concession card for $50 for 10 classes or independent gym sessions. Please call or email your physiotherapist or our friendly reception team for more details. Please click here to find a copy of our extensive class schedule which now includes Pilates, Yoga and Strength & Conditioning classes. We are looking forward to seeing you there.
Research published in 2011 defines Pilates as a mind–body exercise that encompasses strength, core stability, flexibility, muscle control, posture and breathing (Wells et al, 2012).
I have been a Physiotherapist now for 8 years, teaching Pilates for 2 years and playing National level hockey. Below are some of my favourite parts of Pilates classes, both teaching and participating in them weekly.
– The calmness that it brings to your body and breathing
– The control you need to gain to improve and seeing the improvements
– How much you begin to understand your body, its immobility, weaknesses and strengths
– The challenge to move in ways you didn’t realise were possible
– How daily life, postures, trainings, stressors can affect how we move
– The balance it brings each day by taking time to be mindful and calm before returning to reality
– Feeling my tummy and bum muscles working!!Read More