Don’t let school holidays stop your fitness routine- bring the kids along to join into class. Bookings essential, limited to two children for free, aged 8-18 only. See our extensive timetable to find your perfect holiday Classes. http://avenuesphysiofitness.co.nz/classes/timetables/
Research published in 2011 defines Pilates as a mind–body exercise that encompasses strength, core stability, flexibility, muscle control, posture and breathing (Wells et al, 2012).
I have been a Physiotherapist now for 8 years, teaching Pilates for 2 years and playing National level hockey. Below are some of my favourite parts of Pilates classes, both teaching and participating in them weekly.
– The calmness that it brings to your body and breathing
– The control you need to gain to improve and seeing the improvements
– How much you begin to understand your body, its immobility, weaknesses and strengths
– The challenge to move in ways you didn’t realise were possible
– How daily life, postures, trainings, stressors can affect how we move
– The balance it brings each day by taking time to be mindful and calm before returning to reality
– Feeling my tummy and bum muscles working!!Read More
Avenues Physio-fitness is excited to announce Gaynor Wilkie, qualified yoga instructor, is joining our team. Classes commence Wednesday 11th April at 5:30pm and spaces are limited. These classes are designed for any age and ability and no previous yoga experience is required. Yoga has many proven benefits including improving flexibility, muscle strength and tone, improving respiration, improved athletic performance and enhanced respiratory and cardiovascular health. So sign up now by calling our friendly reception team- spaces are limited!