In order to provide a complete fitness and wellness service, Avenues Physio-Fitness is pleased to now include yoga into our extensive class timetable. Gaynor Wilkie is a very experienced yoga instructor who provides our classes with a lyengar style of yoga. This is a combination of flow and yin yang styles.These classes are designed for any age and ability and no previous yoga experience is required.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is a full body experience combining movement and breathing to relax the mind, improve flexibility and build strength. Yoga promotes harmonisation of connecting to ourselves, by promoting an overall balanced lifestyle of health and wellbeing. We can bring our bodies from a state of turbulence to a place of health for optimal physical functioning.
What are the benefits of Yoga? :
- Increased muscular strength
- Increased muscule and joint flexibility
- Improved balance
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Teaches breathing awareness and centering
- Improved body awareness
- Maintains a balanced metabolism
- Improved circulation, hormonal balance and immune function
- Improvements in alertness, concentration and sleep patterns
Can I do yoga if I am not very flexible?
Being flexibile is not necessary to gain the benefits of yoga. However, by regularly practicing yoga, your flexibility will improve. All yoga postures can be modified by our experienced instructors to suit all levels of experience and to accomodate different physical capabilities, injuries and health conditions.
What are your classes like?
Avenues Physio-Fitness’ yoga classes are limited to no more than 10 participants, so you can experience the benefit sof yoga in a safe, friendly and well supervised environment. Our classes are suitable for beginners through to intermediate level participants.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Modest clothing that you can move and stretch in
- Bring your yoga mat if you have one, however, we do have mats available for your use
- Water bottle