The success of your surgery doesn’t finish the moment you leave the operating theatre, this is where your rehabilitation starts. Your surgeon would have skilfully completed the surgical procedure you required, which is the first step towards a successful outcome.
Post-surgery, you’ll almost certainly require exercises to fully regain your muscle strength, flexibility and function which is influenced by a period of immobility or rest post-operatively. When waiting for surgery, joints can become stiff, poor movement patterns develop and muscles can decrease in size, strength and length. Consulting a physiotherapist experienced in post-operative rehabilitation is common practice and normally essential to ensure you get the best rests out of your surgery.
At Avenues Physio-Fitness our experienced staff take pride in offering comprehensive rehabilitation following surgery. We are familiar with the post-operative protocols of most of the orthopaedic surgeons in Tauranga and we will happily liaise with your surgeon to determine any specific requirements based on your individual surgery. We will endeavour to design a tailor-made rehabilitation plan and exercises with your goals as the priority. This will ensure that you make the best possible recovery in the shortest period of time.
Common Surgeries requiring post-operative care:
- Shoulder- Shoulder Reconstruction, Shoulder Stabilisation, Rotator Cuff Repair, Acromioplasty, Manipulation, Capsulotomy, Fracture
- Elbow- Tennis Elbow Release, Golfers Elbow Release, Fracture
- Wrist & Hand- Carpal Tunnel Release, Fracture, Tendon Repairs
- Hip – Hip Replacements/Resurfacing, Hip labral repairs, Hip Arthroscope, Fracture
- Knee- Knee Replacements, ACL and Ligament Reconstruction, Arthroscope, Meniscal Repairs, Chondroplasty, Lateral Release, Patella Tendon Transfer, Fracture
- Calf- Achilles Tendon Repairs, Fasciotomy
- Ankle & Foot- Ankle Reconstruction, Ligment Repairs, Arthroscope, Fracture, Spur Removal, Bunionectomy
- Spine (Neck & Back)- Discectomy, Micro-discectomy, Laminectomy, Spinal Fusion/Stabilisation